Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Class continues....

Well, class is over and I had the enjoyment of viewing 3 quilts at Guild last night....
They are just great...thanks for bringing them....

I wanted to share a special blog with you....
It's the blog of Naomi Ryder..... I thought you might find it interesting.

http://naomiryder.co.uk/blog/

I've finished the face quilt....

I decided to quilt right over the top of it....
I think I mentioned to you that I was going to contour quilt the face.... but I just decided to quilt right over the muslin.
At first I worked in black but after I had stitched the the first line, it looked too dark. I unpicked it and changed to grey.... it's much softer.
I decided to stitch in black on the top and bottom of the face.






Finished this guy today.... Kay has seen it in process...  It was actually for a quilt I'm struggling with.... it's an international challenge to be shown in Ireland in 2012... however, when I finished it today.... I liked it too much and I figured it was too detailed for the project.... so I will keep this one and make a plan applique for the quilt....



No comments:

Post a Comment